This is an exciting opportunity for a Support Engineer to join a market leading data analytics and automation services firm. As a Support Engineer you will support, improve and extend cutting edge data analytics solution. This role will provide a strong foundation of experiences reaching across incident management, software and infrastructure support, and quality assurance. Being split 50/50 between L1 Support and QA, will empower the individual to drive and enhance the quality assurance processes that are in place around the delivery of the software platform, with insights gained from first-hand interactions with clients.
- First point of contact for support queries raised by clients.
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of our JIRA Service Desk instance and ensure queries are logged, resolved, and escalated appropriately.
- Investigate customer issues and perform root cause analysis and produce incident reports.
- Maintain oversight of support tickets and their progression through the organisation.
- Keeping users informed and co-ordinating with the wider team for support.
- Generate Support metrics and collect feedback from clients that can be used to identify opportunities for product and process improvement.
- Manage software license provision and monitor production usage stats.
Infrastructure Support & Maintenance
- Monitoring of internal infrastructure assets used for the purpose of delivering the platform.
- Execution of and securing of critical system backups.
- Monitoring and providing oversight of Azure and AWS cloud-costs for internal infrastructure, identify opportunities for cost savings and optimisations and ensuring that costs are allocated to projects accurately.
- Assist in maintaining and configuration of non-production environments.
- Escalation and co-ordination with the wider team on Infrastructure related issues.
- Enhance and support our efforts to build a robust and best in class approach to Quality assurance processes built around the platform.
- Write and execute test cases/test plans against new releases of our software including execute of functional, integration, performance, and other real-world tests against the software using Azure Test Plans.
- Automate the creation of test data and integration tests to be used to verify that the software is working correctly.
- Test and debug REST APIs and review application logs to aid the problem resolution.
- Develop scripts/leverage tools to test API endpoints, automate repetitive tasks or query databases.
- Run test automation, analyse results, and report findings to the team for investigation and resolution.
- Strong knowledge of using Microsoft Excel – e.g. (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP).
- Knowledge and experience of writing queries against SQL Server.
- An ability to develop test plans and execute them with meticulous attention to detail
- Troubleshooting technical issues e.g., installation issues, reviewing logfiles.
- Using Issue Tracking systems such as JIRA/Service Desk
- Test case management tools such as Azure Test Plans.
- Solving Networking issues
- Installation/configuration issues in a Windows environment
- Working with cloud hosted (AWS or Azure) infrastructure and resources.
- Managing multiple testing environments.
General Skills / Background
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- A Bachelor's degree in a STEM related subject or significant relative experience.
- Salary Offered: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum + bonus + benefits
- Location: United Kingdom