This is an exciting technical position, working with clients at the forefront of unified communications technology. In this challenging technical position, candidates will work to administer and support some of the world’s largest MS Teams unified communications solutions for enterprise clients (40,000 users+). The Senior Solution Engineer is a highly specialised technical authority, acting as the final point of escalation for 3rd line customer support. This role requires extreme depth of Microsoft based systems engineering and systems administration expertise.
- Responding to service incidents for enterprise MS Teams customers
- Providing ongoing administration and engineering support to the implementation and wider distributed workforce solutions practice
- Actively monitoring solutions to ensure stability and service continuity
- Working on a backlog of fixes / enhancements and integrations
- Monitoring telephone / voice integrations, specifically MS Teams Direct Routing integrations with 3rd party SIP solutions
- Where necessary, escalating systems support / engineering challenges to the relevant Microsoft PSS team
Required Skills / Experience
- Extensive technical support and administration experience gained in the field of cloud, hybrid and on-premise collaboration, productivity, and messaging solutions.
- Specialist systems administration experience in Microsoft Teams / O365 for distributed workforce solutions, supported by relevant technical training, community recognition (MS MVP) and / or MS certification
- Broad systems engineering and design skills across O365 / MS Teams including Security Administration, Messaging, Identity and Access Management, SharePoint, and Power Platform
- Strong appreciation for market-leading technology in Unified Communications, specifically MS Teams Direct Routing, Skype for Business, One Drive, SharePoint, Office 365, complemented by awareness of competing solutions from providers including Cisco, Slack and Google
- Ability to articulate the business value of modern collaboration tools, in particular Office 365
- Excellent managed services skills, the ability to respond to clients in challenging situations, coupled with strong awareness for ITIL services principles
- Salary / Benefits: Market-leading salary and benefits commensurate with experience - Further details provided on application
- Location / Travel Profile: Candidates should be willing to be flexible on their location during the working week, typically splitting their time between client sites, home working and offices nationwide
...is the fast emerging-leader Microsoft Gold Partner, leading the way in distributed workforce solutions. With 20 years of success in business telecommunications complimented by specialist capability in IT managed services, our client is poised to lead the charge in workplace transformation as the world embraces new ways of distributed working.