The Senior Software Engineer will own the development of core functionality to extend a powerful and innovative analytics platform used by FTSE 100 companies to crack some of their most challenging data and business process problems.
The desired candidate will be an experienced software engineer with a background in complex transactional business applications, ideally gained within a banking, insurance, trading or energy environment. With this foundation of experience, you will now be seeking an opportunity to take a lead role in a dynamic and innovative environment where you can make a significant impact upon the future of our company and the success of our clients. You are:
- Someone who routinely exceeds expectations, is proactive and able to identify the root cause of issues with exceptional problem-solving skills.
- An excellent listener and someone who asks thoughtful questions.
- Able to work autonomously and solve problems for yourself, even when working in unfamiliar areas and technologies.
- Someone that has joined a software team with an existing code-base and has gone on to have a demonstrable impact on improving the quality of the application and accelerate the introduction of new features and functionality.
- Someone that is keen to learn new things, work within an experienced team and contribute, take ownership, and grow as an individual.
- Organized and able to plan, report progress and ask for feedback without prompting.
- Someone that likes develop algorithms, calculation engines, data processing pipelines and design highly optimized data structures.
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least 6 years of experience as a software developer working with Microsoft technologies and predominately in C#/.NET.
- A background working in a finance, insurance, energy or trading company, and experience of developing applications that generate analytics that are critical to trading or business operations.
- Experience of using design patterns to solve common software design challenges.
- Strong mathematical skills, and experience developing software for analytical use cases.
- Strong test-based development ethos.
- An ability to navigate a large codebase, and an understanding of how to develop reliable, scalable, and resilient business critical systems.
- Experience of developing backend applications that are deployed to Microsoft Azure (Azure Functions/Storage).
- Experience of working with MS SQL Server and an understanding of relational databases and data architecture design.
- Experience of using Microsoft Excel to an intermediate level.
- Location: Flexible / Remote (based within the United Kingdom)
- Salary Offered: £70k - £75+ Benefits, Bonus and EMI Scheme
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK without sponsorship
Our software transforms business-critical applications developed by power-users in desktop technologies like Excel and transforms them into cloud-ready API’s delivering exceptional performance, scalability, governance, and transparency to support digital transformation programs. We are:
- A technology led business that helps companies that are trying to transform, but where technology is holding them back.
- A team of experienced, motivated, and creative Software Engineers, Data Analysts and Consultants.
- A fast-growing company, with big-name clients & established partners with an exciting pipeline of work.