This is an opportunity for an established leader to play a key role in the development of Europe’s fastest growing technology and advisory services firm. With the depth of experience of a big-brand consultancy coupled with the agility of a niche firm, our client employs more than three hundred of the brightest business and technology consultants to empower data-driven decisions for some of the world’s leading brands.
The Industry Development Lead plays a pivotal role in driving the acquisition of data-led IT services business, taking a full commercial-management role throughout the lifecycle of large accounts. This is a quota carrying role for an experienced leader in IT Consulting / Systems Integration to drive business pipeline through the development and positioning of Data go to market initiatives across several industry verticals. The successful candidate will capitalise on our clients’ established reputation to compete for medium to large (£2m - £5m) IT Services engagements.
- Developing a pipeline of Big Data, AI and Advanced Analytics opportunities within enterprise (FTSE100 / FTSE250) companies across sectors such as financial services, retail / hospitality / unities and manufacturing
- Engaging key stakeholders with pertinent conversations to establish opportunities to push and extend the corporate data agenda from a perspective of current industry trends. For example; regulatory compliance, automation, digital transformation, customer engagement and fraud detection
- Establishing opportunities to demonstrate value across the enterprise data landscape with services including data strategy, cloud transformation, data engineering, machine learning, business intelligence and digital service design
- Establishing and influencing key client stakeholder relationships, positioning our client as a reputable alternative to traditional global Systems Integrators and ‘Big4’ consulting firms
- Contributing to the development and proliferation of compelling go-to-market campaigns specifically tailored to the technology trends and market dynamics being affected by the data revolution
- Qualifying opportunities and engaging with clients at an early stage to develop a strong understanding of the bid process and competitive landscape
- Defining the structure and content of bid-responses, including being an individual contributor of engaging bid content and presentations
- Leading client engagements from a commercial perspective including commercial negotiation and as the commercial point of escalation
You will be an experienced IT services sales professional with an established network and reputation in a specific industry. Your experience will allow you to appropriately navigate the procurement cycle, successfully establishing reputation, qualifying, pursuing and tendering for medium to large scale IT
Services engagements. It is likely that your background will be in systems integration or technology consulting in areas such as Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence or IoT.
Skills and experiences will include:
- Drive and capability to lead sales delivery and be accountable for delivering against a revenue target (£5m)
- Demonstrable commercial experience in financial services IT services sales for market-driven initiatives such as Data-Driven Organisation, Customer Engagement, Data-led transformation and Digital Service Design
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to manage the negotiation of complex IT service engagements, typically seeking to establish a small footprint to demonstrate capability and a foundation from which to grow
- Deep understanding of the technology trends affecting the Big Data / Advanced Analytics, Digital Transformation market
- A proven background in new business development, sales management and pipeline conversion gained with an established IT Systems Integration / technology consulting environment
- Intimacy with the commercial delivery of IT services business, preferably having come from a career background in software engineering and project management
- Exceptional communication skills including comfort presenting at CxO level and the ability to lead the development of marketing collateral and bid content
- Applications are only invited from candidates with the right to reside and work within the EU
- Candidates must be willing to travel extensively for the purposes of meeting clients and collaborating with colleagues
- Salary Information: Basic salary to £125k (50% OTE) + significant benefits. Based on experience and track record
...use data science and advanced cloud platform engineering to solve and automate today's most difficult business problems. We are an emerging leader in commercial big data solutions built and delivered on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). We can offer an exciting pipeline of projects, enjoyable working environment and unparalleled technical challenge.