This is an exciting opportunity for a QA Engineer to join a market leading data analytics and automation services firm. As a QA Engineer you will support, improve and extend cutting edge data analytics solution. This role will provide a strong foundation of experiences reaching across incident management, software and infrastructure support, and quality assurance. The individual will be expected to drive and enhance the quality assurance processes that are in place around the delivery of the software platform, with insights gained from first-hand interactions with clients.
- Enhance and support our efforts to build a robust and best in class approach to Quality assurance processes built around the platform.
- Write and execute test cases/test plans against new releases of our software including execute of functional, integration, performance, and other real-world tests against the software using Azure Test Plans.
- Automate the creation of test data and integration tests to be used to verify that the software is working correctly.
- Test and debug REST APIs and review application logs to aid the problem resolution.
- Develop scripts/leverage tools to test API endpoints, automate repetitive tasks or query databases.
- Run test automation, analyse results, and report findings to the team for investigation and resolution.
- First point of contact for support queries raised by clients.
- Investigate customer issues and perform root cause analysis and produce incident reports.
- Keeping users informed and co-ordinating with the wider team for support.
- Strong knowledge of using Microsoft Excel – e.g. (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP).
- Knowledge and experience of writing queries against SQL Server.
- An ability to develop test plans and execute them with meticulous attention to detail
- Troubleshooting technical issues e.g., installation issues, reviewing logfiles.
- Using Issue Tracking systems such as JIRA/Service Desk
- Test case management tools such as Azure Test Plans.
- Solving Networking issues
- Installation/configuration issues in a Windows environment
- Working with cloud hosted (AWS or Azure) infrastructure and resources.
- Managing multiple testing environments.
General Skills / Background
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- A Bachelor's degree in a STEM related subject or significant relative experience.
- Salary Offered: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum + bonus + benefits
- Location: United Kingdom