This is an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced Operations Director with a proven track record in IT Services to take a leadership role, supporting the continued growth of a well-established, award-winning Microsoft Partner. As a key component of an ambitious plan to significantly grow the business, the Operations Director will take executive responsibility for managed services and consulting operations as annual revenues grow from £8m to £30m.
A newly defined position, the Operations Director will be a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). They will implement and maintain the controls to support a fast-growing, diverse business operation. The goal of the Operations Director is to define and secure the commercially viable delivery of consulting and managed services operations by driving the evolution and formalisation of the service catalogue and implanting a framework for customer success.
- Define, implement and manage an operating framework for project delivery and managed service operations that will enhance customer satisfaction and retention
- Commercial oversight of new engagements / work orders managed service contracts
- Develop a commercial model to underpin the continued expansion of managed services (annuity) revenues
- Leading the project scheduling and resourcing function to ensure efficiency of utilisation and the appropriate alignment of capability to project pipeline
- Develop a company wide approach to delivery management, including selection and development of delivery methodology, implementation / development of ITIL processes for service delivery and incident management
- Acting as the ultimate point of commercial escalation across all clients
- Developing and mentoring a diverse team of delivery professionals including Consultants, Service Delivery Managers, Project Managers and Team Leaders
Required Skills / Experience Profile
- The successful candidate will combine excellent experience gained in consulting / managed service delivery and operations with the entrepreneurial zeal to take a sleeves-up approach to the continued development of an exciting and fast-growing business.
- Proven experience as a Director of commercial operations or similar in a fast-growing IT services / consulting environment circa £10m - £30m revenues
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning, business development and commercial delivery governance
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities, supported by a background leading large scale project delivery and/or managed service operations
- A strong vision for customer retention in a commercial IT services delivery environment
- Deep appreciation for ITIL standards and differing approaches to IT project delivery
- Experience of the delivery of security compliant services including adherence to and attainment of ISO27001 standards
- Excellent commercial skills to include negotiation, conflict resolution and influencing
- Travel Profile / Location: This role is based from Newport, South Wales. Whilst this will be the predominant base, candidates should be willing to be flexible on their location during the working week.
- Salary Offered: £100k - £125k depending on experience + executive level incentive scheme and benefits