The Head of Managed Services will be responsible for building a world class IT managed applications business, taking the foundations of an existing capability and expanding it to support a significant percentage of the company’s revenues, serving clients on-going IT software service requirements.
This is a leadership role for an ambitious IT Service Management professional, representing a significant opportunity to develop a managed service business unit in a highly dynamic and entrepreneurial firm. The successful candidate will have responsibility for defining and implementing the overall managed services strategy, service proposition and service delivery process across the organisation.
- Developing and implementing the roadmap to expand a newly established managed services proposition
- Defining the business plan and go-to-market strategy for managed services
- Developing a viable commercial model that centres on the development of annuity revenues
- Implementing a team structure and operating framework to support a 24/7 managed service operation, including a recruitment plan, employment contracts for out of hours or ‘On-Call’ working and training and development
- Providing clients with consultancy in the area of service management and shared service design
- Defining ITIL governance standards and processes for operational efficiency in managed services
- Engaging with clients from pre-sales through to go-live and BAU operation, acting as the point of authority on managed services operation and the point of escalation for all commercial discussions
- Supporting sales teams in pre-sales, bid management and collateral development
- Implementing software and telecommunications solutions to support the managed services environment
You will be an experienced leader of an IT Managed Services business from either a Service Delivery Management or Service Operations perspective. You will combine entrepreneurial zeal, commercial leadership skills, operational process capability and deep IT Managed Services / Software Support services experience to drive the forward development of this exciting services proposition.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in the development and realisation of a managed services business strategy
- Expert operational capability in the on-going provision of hosted / managed software services
- Deep knowledge of ITIL and associated managed services delivery standards
- Strong commercial experiences in the successful capture and delivery of commercially successful managed service relationships
- People and team leadership skills
- Applications are only invited from candidates with the right to reside and work throughout the European Union.
- Salary Information: £70k - £85k + significant bonus, stock incentive + benefits. Based on experience and track record.
- Candidates will be required to travel
...ShareForce manages recruitment for the leading employers of information technology professionals in UK and Europe. More information: www.shareforce.co.uk.