This is a unique and challenging opportunity to join a leading Microsoft partner, where you will take the lead in helping clients envisage the possibilities afforded by the latest developments of Microsoft technologies for business intelligence, data science and advanced analytics. By combining client engagement and presentation skills with genuine enthusiasm for BI, Data Science & Analytics technologies, the successful candidate will relish the challenge of envisioning, prototyping and demonstrating ground breaking solutions to clients.
Our client is a world leading partner of Microsoft, delivering specialist consulting across the Microsoft technology stack to help the largest companies in the world take advantage of the latest developments in MS tech. In the UK, the Data Science and Advanced Analytics practice, established in 2015, leads the way in the adoption of Microsoft data platform technology for advanced analytics and business intelligence.
- Leading technical pre-sales activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction
- Designing solutions for large and complex sales opportunities
- Developing and delivering outstanding presentations, solution architectures and demonstrations to senior stakeholder audiences at conferences, prospect meetings and existing clients
- Providing direction and specialist knowledge in the application of technology to client business requirements
- Working directly with clients to understand their business strategy, programme requirements & processes
- Utilising specialist knowledge of data and analytics on the Microsoft SQL Server and Azure platforms to support the development and expansion of the solution to meet clients’ articulated business strategy
- Providing knowledge transfer to the delivery teams to ensure a smooth handover from sales to delivery
- Formulation of high-quality bids and proposals
- Scoping client solutions to enable accurate estimation of the effort
- Developing webinars/marketing material
Desired Skills & Experience:
This is a role for ambitious Pre-Sales Consultants who wish to work with the latest cloud technology from Microsoft.
- Deep Functional knowledge of Microsoft BI & Data Platform solutions
- Knowledge of BI & Analytics technologies including:
- Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Store, Azure Databricks
- Azure SQL
- IoT Hub, Event Hub, Azure Stream Analytics
- Power BI (Power BI Desktop, Power BI Services
- Traditional Microsoft BI stack: SSRS / SSAS (Tabular with DAX & OLAP with MDX) / SSIS
- Exceptional customer facing skills including presentation, pre-sales support, proposal writing and business proposition development.
- Comfort when dealing with CxO level clients and being challenged to prove technical concepts.
- Understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing concepts and methods
- Excellent communication skills
- Whilst our client is respectful of our employees work / life balance candidates should be prepared to undertake travel to client sites
- Travel expenses are covered from your home location, including your travel to and from the office, allowing candidates to live anywhere in the UK