This is an opportunity for an established data engineer to play a key role in the development of Europe’s fastest growing technology and advisory services firm. With the depth of experience of a big-brand consultancy coupled with the agility of a niche firm, our client employs more than three hundred of the brightest business and technology consultants to empower data-driven decisions for some of the world’s leading brands.
This exciting role will involve a mixture of hands-on technical architecture, advisory and technical solution delivery on the cloud landscape.
- Working on projects which have a focus on big data and with clients across multiple sectors.
- Actively staying up to date with the evolving Cloud landscape.
- Constantly developing technical skills using the latest cloud technology, striving towards certifications.
- Handle all aspects of development – design, development, build, deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Working on client-site or office based development teams, collaborating within a team environment and participating in typical project lifecycle activities such as requirement analysis, testing and release.
- Design and build cloud-scale services and API’s
Required skills & experiences include:
- Good Experience with database design and querying (e.g. SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Big Query).
- Strong Programming Skills in R, Python or Spark or similar
- Experience with ETL tools, Hadoop-based technologies (e.g. Spark) and/or data pipelines (e.g. Beam, Flink)
- Experience building scalable and high-performant code
- Good Experience with columnar data formats and NoSQL document database
- Working experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Microsoft Azure is desired.
- Understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing concepts and methods.
- Applications are only considered from candidates with the right to reside and work within the EU.
- Salary Information: Permanent £75k – £100k Basic (Negotiable DOE) + Bonus + Excellent Benefits (Subject to grade and experience)
- Location: Central London (travelling to client sites will be expected to this role)