My client, an award winning start up social media analytics company, are recruiting for a talented Head of Data Science with a strong understanding of Neuro-Linguistic Programming. This is a great opportunity to head up the Data Science efforts with data, algorithms and social media at the core. This role initially as a hands-on role and progressing over time to build up and head a team.
- Recruit and retain a team of Junior data Scientists
- Drive the creation and implementation of best practices for statistical data modelling, analysis, and machine learning; data exploration and reporting tools; and processes that allow data team to work efficiently within the product
- Maintaining good relationships will stakeholders from around the business, and seeking out new ideas, keeping up to date with data science advancements in the marketplace
- Developing capabilities with data modelling and analysis - Leading your team by example
- Creating and maintaining filtering / recommender systems. For example 'ANN'
Required Key Skills & Attributes:
- Passionate about using data and deep analysis to drive the business forward
- Fascinated by culture and have a deep interest in understanding how culture interacts with social media, how influencers work, etc. with examples which show how your insights have transformed business performance and cultures
- In-depth knowledge of business success drivers, industry trends, regulatory issues and the competitive marketplace
- Make creative use of diverse DataSource’s and APIs
- Experience building NLP (Nuero-Linguistic Programming) pipelines and models
- Ability to work on your own initiative showing creativity and a committed drive to obtain the results required
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning algorithm and how they might be applied for specific business and customer insights. eg. SVM and Random Forest
- Great communication skills, with both business/technical stakeholders
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a similar environment and looking to take their next step in their career
- Strong knowledge in Data Science tools such as Python, Spark, Tensorflow, ANN, etc.
- Applications are invited from candidates with the right to reside and work within the EU
- Salary Information: £75k - 90k Basic + Share Options + Pension (Subject to grade and experience)
- Role Location: Central London