This is an opportunity for an established software sales leader to take a key role in one of the UK’s brightest tech scaleups, driving the adoption of a solution tailored specifically for the global Insurance industry. The Head of Business Development takes responsibility for driving customer acquisition by defining and realising the go-to-market strategy that will bring an industry-proven solution to the attention of the world’s leading insurers.
- Defining and executing the Insurance go-to-market strategy.
- Managing the enterprise software sales cycle with tier one insurance customers.
- Taking a sleeves-up approach to sales and marketing, working towards a sector sales target.
- Engaging customers to demonstrate the use case and establish platform credibility.
- Qualifying opportunities and engaging with clients at the early stage to develop a strong understanding of the bid process and competitive landscape.
- Defining the structure and content of bid-responses. Including being an individual contributor of engaging bid content and presentations.
- Acting as the conduit for commercial escalation through the transition from implementation to live environment.
- Leading client activation from a commercial perspective including commercial negotiation and the commercial point of escalation.
Required Skills & Experience
- Excellent understanding of the Insurance sector, including the mechanics of insurance operations and buying processes, specifically in key areas such as Underwriting, Actuarial, London Market, Life Insurance and B2B Insurance.
- Familiarity with current themes including Robotic Process Automation, API-led Open Market initiatives and modern practices for software management and delivery.
- A Minimum of 5 years’ commercial experience in a software sales environment, ideally gained alongside a specialist SaaS vendor.
- Demonstrable success in the development and successful execution of sales pipeline against target, especially within a SaaS sales environment.
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to manage a negotiation of complex software & services deals.
- Exceptional communication skills including comfort presenting at CxO level and the ability to lead the development of marketing collateral and bid content.
- Applications are only invited from candidates with the right to reside and work within the United Kingdom.
- Salary Offered: £100K (Basic) £200k (OTE) + EMI Scheme + benefits. Based on relevance of experience and sales track record.
About Our Client
Our client are a London based tech firm poised for a period of sustained growth over the coming years. The developers of a market-leading data and automation solution, our clients’ solution enables the realisation of Open Market trading and automation for the world’s largest insurance providers.