This is an opportunity to take a lead role in the management of a finance applications platform, driving the continuous development and improvement in the years to come. The Finance Applications Manager will be accountable for the development, staffing, quality, stakeholder management, supplier management and risk management of a ‘centre of excellence’ with a specific focus on finance applications, establishing and running a world-class application management and support capability that will service a global organisation.
- Setting the short, medium and long-term strategic direction for the Finance Applications team
- Managing key stakeholder relationships in the provision of a world-class application support function
- Collaborating with IT & Process Owners, and Process Stakeholders in the ongoing delivery of support services, using ITIL standards and frameworks to govern service delivery
- Identifying and delivering continual service improvement from both the application suite and the support organisation
- Define and oversee the delivery of key KPI’s to measure, review & analyse the effectiveness & efficiency of ITIL based processes
- Communicate, liaise & conduct organisational change management with various departments in the organisation to facilitate implementation of new or improved process changes – verbally and/or through written documentation
- Manage third-party suppliers in the provision of ongoing development and support services
Experience / Skills Profile
The Finance Applications Manager will utilise their advanced stakeholder management skills, alongside significant ERP application management experience to lead the continuous improvement of a world class platform for Finance and Operations.
Key Skills / Attributes should include:
- Deep appreciation for Managed Applications Services, specifically for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application environments
- Strong experience building, leading and delivering application managed services / support in global, enterprise environments
- Deep experience gained in finance applications and ERP more generally. Ideally with MS tools such as MS Dynamics AX (D365 F&O) or similar (SAP, Oracle EBS, Unit4 etc.)
- Very strong working knowledge of ITIL processes, ITIL process management and their application in a CoE environment
- Experience of leading / facilitating workshops focuses on functional business processes
- Developed understanding of the design and establishment of global managed services
- Excellent Line management and people leadership experience
...is a leading global professional services firm of circa 6,000 consultants operating in 125 countries providing a portfolio of services across sectors including: property, energy, transport, water, resources, defence and government. Having grown organically and through acquisition over the last thirty years, our client has recently embarked on a programme to rationalise operations through the implementation a global Enterprise Resource Planning Platform built on MS Dynamics 365.
- Nature of Role: Permanent
- Location: Thames Valley
- Salary Offered: £75,000 - £90,000 per annum (Basic)
- Candidates will require the right to live and work throughout the European Union
- Travel Profile: This is an office-based role with the likelihood for occasional global travel