This is an exciting opportunity for Data Engineers to join a market leading Data Intelligence consultancy, building Data Intelligence solutions on the Google Cloud Platform. Our client is operating at the forefront of Google Cloud Data solutions, proving the capabilities of this exciting new platform in the Data and Analytics world. Successful candidates will gain unprecedented experience of this exciting technology and will benefit from formal training and certification in Google Cloud technologies.
- Implement and deploy big data processing workflows
- Design and build cloud-scale Services and API’s
- Handle all aspects of development – design, development, build, deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Research and experiment with emerging technologies and industry trends with a view to bringing business value through early adoption
- Work in an agile, cross-functional team composed of both engineers and data scientists, taking responsibility for delivering predictive data products
Required skills & experiences include:
- BS degree in a technical or engineering field or equivalent practical experience.
- Expert knowledge in Java and/or Python
- Good Experience with database design and querying (e.g. SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Big Query).
- Strong experience (at least 2 big projects) with Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Hive/Impala, HBase, Yarn)
- Good Experience with Unix-based systems, including bash scripting
- Good Experience with columnar data formats and NoSQL document database
- Experience with other distributed technologies such as Cassandra, Splunk, Solr/ElasticSearch, Flink, Heron, Beam, would also be desirable
- Strong experience with Lambda Architectures
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform and/or other public cloud products.
- Technical experience in Web technologies such as HTML, XML, JSON, OAuth 2 along with experience in analysis of relational data in MySQL, Google BigQuery or similar.
- Knowledge of solution architecture within web and mobile environments, web/internet related technologies, architecture across Software-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service (SAAS, PAAS, IAAS) and cloud productivity suites.
- Salary Information: Permanent £45k – £60k Basic + Bonus + Excellent Benefits (Subject to grade and experience)
- Candidates must be willing to travel for the purpose of meeting clients and collaborating with colleagues but predominantly London based
- Applications are only invited from candidates with the right to reside and work within the EU