This is an opportunity for an experienced Head of Applications / Competency Centre Manager to take a lead role in the management of the ERP competency centre that will run, manage and support the global ERP platform, driving performance improvement and commercial success in the years to come. The Competency Centre Manager will be accountable for the development, staffing, quality, stakeholder management, supplier management and risk management of the ERP Competency Centre, establishing and running a world-class application management and support capability that will service a global organisation.
- Setting the short, medium and long-term strategic direction for the ERP Competency Centre
- Managing key stakeholder relationships in the provision of a world-class application support function
- Establishing the role definitions, recruiting and managing the key Competency Centre personnel required to provide a world class service
- Collaborating with IT & Process Owners, and Process Stakeholders to in the ongoing delivery of support services, using ITIL standards and frameworks to govern service delivery
- Identifying and delivering continual service improvement from both the application suite and the support organisation
- Provide leadership for the implementation of ITSM processes and the support their implementation within the toolset
- Define and oversee the delivery of key KPIs & metrics to subsequently measure, review & analyse the effectiveness & efficiency of ITIL / ITSM processes
- Communicate, liaise & conduct organisational change management with various departments in the organisation to facilitate implementation of new or improved process changes – verbally and/or through written documentation
- Management of third-party suppliers
Experience / Skills Profile
The Competency Centre Manager will utilise their advanced stakeholder management and leadership skills, coupled with deep experience in enterprise application support and management to lead the definition, implementation and ongoing operation of a world class ERP Competency Centre.
Key Skills / Attributes should include:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in defining, updating, deploying and managing ITSM processes, roles and toolset to support ITSM practices
- Deep appreciation for Managed Applications Services, specifically for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application environments
- Strong experience building, leading and developing an ERP Competency Centre in global, enterprise environments
- Very strong working knowledge of ITIL processes, ITIL process management and their application to a Competency Centre / CoE
- Strong collaboration experience across functional borders
- Experience of leading / facilitating workshops focuses on functional business processes
- Developed understanding of the design and establishment of global managed services
- Complex problem solving and analytical skills as required in the delivery of an ERP CC, to include policies, practices, procedures and priorities
- Excellent Line management and people leadership experience
Our Client is...
...a leading global professional services firm of circa 6,000 consultants operating in 125 countries providing a portfolio of services across sectors including: property, energy, transport, water, resources, defence and government. Having grown organically and through acquisition over the last thirty years, our client has recently embarked on a programme to rationalise operations through the implementation a global Enterprise Resource Planning Platform built on MS Dynamics 365.
- Nature of Role: Permanent
- Location: Thames Valley
- Salary Offered: £75,000 - £85,000 per annum (Basic)
- Benefits: Executive benefits including car allowance, bonus, healthcare / life assurance and pension
- Candidates will require the right to live and work throughout the European Union
- Travel Profile: This is an office-based role with the likelihood for occasional global travel