This is an exciting opportunity to drive business development for an awesome technology services scaleup. In this role, you will work with clients to support them on their digital transformation journey, the Business Development Manager will drive both new and existing business, leveraging an awesome team of technology consultants, software engineers and agilists to make meaningful change in both public and private sector organisations. This role, reporting directly to the CEO, is a strategic opportunity for someone with a deep background in digital solutions and transformation.
- Building, nurturing and maintaining a strong and sustainable sales pipeline combining marketing and self-generated leads, opening completely new areas of business within existing clients.
- Identify, nurture and grow own leads through networking activities, events, relationship building, org mapping and thought leadership.
- Identify and empathise with a client's requirement, fully understanding the challenges and reframing this to be an opportunity to sell as a Trusted Advisor.
- Play an active role in the evolution of the value proposition, working alongside strategic direction and implementation representatives.
- Develop/evolve and own the sales operations (planning, running, reporting, tools etc).
- Strategic and consultative selling, communicating and pitching offerings to client stakeholders, including senior executives.
- Solid understanding of buying signals, potential roadblocks, objection handling, timelines, procurement, final signoff processes etc.
- Engagement with key stakeholders at appropriate times throughout the opportunity bringing in senior management, other SMEs, selling a discovery-phase, demonstrating a PoC and seeking timely support.
- Data driven decision making and reporting using accurate sales data to track performance and provide vital information to the Founders providing weekly forecasting and sales reporting.
- Support digital marketing, social media efforts and facilitating industry events and conferences.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Measurable and proven successful track record in service-based sales in the tech industry, ideally with a consultancy and Agile/DevOps/Public Cloud experience.
- Understanding of engineering agility/flow concepts in software and infrastructure delivery and an ability to converse naturally on such subjects.
- Willingness (and comfort with) questioning/probing organisations current strategies/approaches, driving a challenger sale.
- Experience across the full breadth of the process, from filling the funnel to negotiating and closing.
- Professional gravitas and comfort influencing C-level executives.
- Excellent attention to detail, experienced writing proposals, delivering presentations and writing statements of work.
- Comfortable working autonomously, to targets and deadlines, whilst engaging the wider Armakuni team to help shape strategy & approach, and understanding what works.
- Strong use of sales software for driving process, transparency and clear dashboarding against targets.
- Resilient, positive, self motivated and pragmatic approach.
- Location: Home Based, with some client travel
- Salary Offered: £60k - £65k based on experience + Commission (£120k - £130k OTE) + Benefits