Successful candidates will work with blue chip clients to design and build commercial solutions, leveraging Google Cloud Platform to drive commercial benefit from huge amounts of data. This exciting role will involve a mixture of pre-sales, strategy, hands-on technical architecture, advisory and technical solution delivery. This represents an opportunity to take a key leadership role in a fast-growing company, influencing success and adoption of data technology that pushes the envelope of possibility in the modern age of cloud, mobile and on-demand business solutions.
- Acting as the lead technical authority for the design and development of Big Data solutions, taking advantage of cloud platforms, data science, data pipelines and data engineering to interrogate and drive value from huge volumes of commercial data.
- Helping clients to understand and envision the possibilities afforded by the emergence of Google Cloud Platform.
- Advising clients and the leadership team on technical best practice Cloud Data solutions, from software selection through to technical architectures and implementation processes.
- Engaging with clients throughout the lifecycle on both advisory and delivery assignments.
- Actively supporting Pre-Sales effort by envisioning solutions and POC’s that will meet the clients’ complex requirements and highlight commercial insight opportunities.
- Supporting the development of the practice from a technical leadership perspective.
Required Skills / Experience
You will be a career technology consultant and technical solutions architect with exceptional experience in the design, development and benefit realisation of solutions built on Cloud Data Platforms such as Google, MS Azure and AWS.
- Broad Data Platform Solution Architecture experience across a wide range of on-premise and cloud-based services.
- A software engineering background including expert knowledge in Java and/or Python.
- Extensive experience with database design and querying (e.g. SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Big Query).
- Demonstrable SA / TA experience in large scale solutions leveraging the Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Hive/Impala, HBase, Yarn).
- Exposure to / understanding of distributed technologies such as Cassandra, Splunk, Solr/ElasticSearch, FLink, Heron, beam…
- Exceptional customer facing skills including presentation, pre-sales support, proposal writing and business proposition development.
- Developed appreciation for the industrial application of data platform solutions in areas such as social media, telecommunications, security, government, retail and financial services.
- Applications are only invited from candidates with the right to reside and work within the UK/EU.
- Salary Information: Salary Range: £90,000 - £110,000 + significant benefits and bonus potential, dependant on experience and technical knowledge.
- Candidates must be willing to travel extensively for the purposes of meeting clients and collaborating with colleagues.
- Main Location: Central London
...use data science and advanced cloud platform engineering to solve and automate today's most difficult business problems. We are an emerging leader in commercial big data solutions built and delivered on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). We can offer an exciting pipeline of projects, enjoyable working environment and unparalleled technical challenge. This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced consultants to take a major role in the development of a well-funded and exciting consultancy practice.
ShareForce manages recruitment for the leading employers of information technology professionals in UK and Europe. More information: www.shareforce.co.uk