This is an exciting opportunity for a Microsoft BI & Analytics Architect/Director to join a leading Microsoft Gold Partner, where you will lead the design and delivery of solutions that leverage Microsoft technologies for business intelligence, decision science and advanced analytics as well as influencing the strategic direction of the practice and supporting pre-sales engagements. You will leverage your knowledge, client skills and thirst for personal development to deliver ground breaking solutions to FTSE 100 clients across industries.
- Working with clients to establish business requirements and develop cloud and on-premise solutions for predictive analytics, data science and business intelligence
- Design and develop enterprise solutions that leverage the Microsoft BI capabilities in SQL Server 2018/19 (including MS BI, Azure Analysis Services and Power BI) to transform complex data into actionable insights for clients
- Technically leading solutions from concept through to go-live, managing multi-disciplined teams including client resources, onshore and offshore colleagues
- Engaging in pre-sales engagements to demonstrate the possibilities afforded by the latest developments in Microsoft data & analytics technology
- Consistently staying up to date with the latest developments in Microsoft data & analytics technologies to drive strategy and inform clients
- Supporting the strategic development of the practice
Desired Skills & Experience:
This is a role for ambitious technologists who wish to work with the latest cloud technology from Microsoft, we do not expect everyone to have experience with all the technologies below.
- Demonstrable experience in the conceptualisation, design and application of Microsoft technologies to achieve or overcome a business solution or problem
- Excellent ‘C-level’ stakeholder engagement skills gained in industry, management consultancy or system integrator environments
- Enhanced technical team leadership skills, supported by experience managing development effort across multiple geographies and disciplines
- Ability to translate business challenges / requirements into technical solutions
- Power BI
- Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Store, Azure Databricks
- Traditional Microsoft BI Stack
- SQL Sever 2016 or above
- Developed appreciation for modern approaches to data architecture principles and methods for enabling Big Data solutions
- Strong appreciation of Data Science concepts and technologies, such as R or Azure Machine Learning
- Appreciation and enthusiasm for the Microsoft roadmap for MS Azure / MS SQL Server and associated BI stack technology
- Ability to lead and mentor junior members of the team
- Previous pre-sales experience
- Excellent communication skills
Our client is a world leading partner of Microsoft, delivering specialist consulting across the Microsoft technology stack to help the largest companies in the world take advantage of the latest developments in MS tech. In the UK, the Data Science and Advanced Analytics practice, established in 2015, leads the way in the adoption of Microsoft data platform technology for advanced analytics and business intelligence.